Sunday, October 11, 2009

Pour la Liberté et L'égalité de Droits

So many people do these things nowadays... and like me, I'm almost certain everyone thinks that they are some unique, literary genius. It's incredibly easy to use big words, and fill a webpage with intellectual sounding bulls**t. So I will do my best to avoid all of that!
I'm not really too sure why I've decided now is the time to start a blog... it could be the collective efforts of Elton John asking if I can feel the love, my new special someone having a blog of their own, and my sudden desire to impart all of my wisdom, ramblings and musing upon the vast anonymity that is the world wide web.
I was buzzing with a million and one things I wanted to write earlier today, and now that it comes to it, I'm struggling to turn my tower-of-Babylon-esque mind into a few coherent lines.
I think this would be a good point to introduce myself. You can call me Luke. I'm a 20 year old Englishman, who is now living in Auckland, New Zealand. "I am a student at the University of Life" (Merci, An Education). Once upon a time I was a naive, infant, living in the shell of the person I have become today. I enjoy everything life has to offer us all...
I'm a reader, a writer, a lover, a son, a student, a brother, a thinker, a teacher, a leader and a follower. I breathe, I move, I listen and I see... I live.
And I also sound like an incredibly shallow, self-worshiping idiot right now. But my point is that, I take life as it comes, and I see the beauty in the small things that life has to offer.
I see a poppy, bouncing alone in a field of tall grasses. I think first of the colors, and the emotions they inspire within my body, soul and mind. My mind drifts to the fields of poppies that now blanket Flanders Fields... the poppy, more than just a flower (weed), now stands as a symbol of not just everything that was lost, but everything we have gained. In marking the death of those who fought to protect us, we celebrate the lives that they have given us.














If you like the incoherent, sometimes mind-numbingly, eccentric ramblings of a creatively overactive mind, then you will enjoy my blog. For those who are cut from the cloth of safety, normalcy and a fear of anything different, I can assure you now, that you will detest this blog, and this author!
I sincerely hope that you enjoy reading some of the stuff I have to say (because I have alot).
Kindest Regards,
Luke...
Message me. Comment me. Have faith in yourself and those around you! Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment